How to get an all inclusive package for a family of 4 down to $540/person after tax
So all the Canadian tour operators have their February/March all inclusive packages stuck at a minimum of $1000/person. That makes for an expensive trip for a family of 4. What's a guy (or gal) to do?
If you can go March 5 to 12, here's one way you can get something decent for $540/person after tax, all inclusive (food, drinks, etc).
1. The first thing you need is the flight to Puerto Vallarta from http://www.AirCanadaVacations.com that just dropped to $348 roundtrip after tax.
Search for a flight from Calgary to Puerto Vallarta, March 5 to 12, and this is what you'll see:
Looks to be a good flight too, direct each way, which is nice especially when children are involved, and the AC seatback entertainment can babysit.
2. And now you need a place to stay. Let's head over to http://www.Expedia.com (or .ca if you prefer)
- Search for March 5 to 12 for a hotel in Puerto Vallarta. It'll come up as 'Puerto Vallarta (and vicinity), Jalisco, Mexico'
- Put in 2 adults, 2 children. Enter their ages.
- Hit the Search button.
- Click on Sort by Price.
- Scroll down to about the 9th hotel, the Villa Varadero. They're offering a 'up to 2 kids under 10 stay free promotion'. For $110/night, you can get an all inclusive package for 2 adults, 2 children. Let's click on that.
- We can see that this works out to $771.68 for the family for the week, or about $540/person after tax for flight + all inclusive hotel.
3. So what is this Villa Varadero like? Well, take a look at the TripAdvisor reviews first to see if it's for you.
It has an 84% approval rating, which is great, but this is still just a basic hotel, not a beautiful, giant, sprawling resort or anything like that. The pool looks like this:
From reading the reviews I get the impression that the beach beside it is excellent. But read the reviews to get a sense of what it's like to see if it's for you.
The only other thing you'd have to do is figure out a way to get from the airport to the hotel of course. The Villa Varadero is in Nuevo Vallarta, which is smaller and quieter than Puerto Vallarta. It's about a $15 cab ride between Nuevo Vallarta and Puerto Vallarta. Or you can take the bus for about $1.
Hit Like if you like this deal! Click Share to show your friends on Facebook
People That Liked This Page Also Liked:
|You may also want to check out pages that were tagged with:|
Be The First To Know About The Next Amazing Deal!Head to the YYC Deals Alerts Page where you can choose to be notified by e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, or RSS Feed the moment an amazing travel deal from Calgary is found.
Setting up alerts allows you to be one of the first to see a new deal, before it sells out.
And don't worry, alerts are only sent when it's truly an amazing deal.